College of Graduate Studies
Graduation Forms and Information
- Complete the Online Degree Application to order your diploma and regalia. The form is located here. Students planning to participate in the May commencement ceremony should submit your application before January 1, 2016 to meet the deadline for ordering regalia.
- All Students must have an exit Interview with the Dean. Contact Ms. Amy Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. Please complete the on-line Student Survey prior to your exit interview.
- Complete the Graduate Information Form (pdf)* and return it to the Dean's Office. (N/A for M.D./PhD or D.M.D./PhD students returning to COM or CODM.)
- Thesis/Dissertations are to be deposited in MEDICA, MUSC's Institutional Repository. This will be submitted as a pdf to http://medica.library.musc.edu/submit. Thesis/Dissertations must be submitted to MEDICA no later than the last day of classes for the semester. Failure to do so will result in the completion date being moved to the following semester and the student will be responsible for paying for tuition out of pocket.
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates through their electronic registration process. Go to the following link and follow the instructions. (not required for MS students) https://sed.norc.org/doctorate
The only graduation Ceremony for MUSC is in the Spring. Degree Candidates wishing to participate in the Hooding Ceremony and or the Graduation Ceremony must complete all requirements prior to the last day of class for the appropriate semester. The Hooding Ceremony and a Day of Celebration for the graduates takes place on the Thursday before the University Commencement on Friday. Refer to the University Academic Calendar for the upcoming dates. If you have any questions or concerns about graduation, please contact Dodie Weise.Commencement 2016
* View PDFs using the free Adobe Reader.