Histotechnology Certificate program
Admission is based on the applicant’s prior academic performance at the college level, personal interviews, and assessment of personal qualities needed to successfully complete the program.
The admission process has two phases:
- Applicants should complete Initial MUSC Application. Applicants who meet the specific MUSC requirements will be advised to apply to the UND program.
- After consultation with the MUSC education coordinator, applicants may apply to UND. The education coordinator at MUSC will also communicate with the UND faculty. However, interested applicants must initiate the application process with UND. Because of NAACLS accrediation requirements, all application material must be submitted to UND directly. Application material sent to MUSC will not be accepted.
Please see the UND website for the application procedures. After acceptance into the UND HT program, students may need to provide additional information to MUSC. This will be communicated upon acceptance into the program.
Specific requirements for MUSC students are:
All students considering application to the UND HT program are highly encouraged to visit a clinical/medical laboratory to observe the various tasks performed by histotechnologists and the various physical requirements of the position.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours of biology and chemistry courses, must include both. Recommended courses include: Microbiology, Immunology, and Anatomy & Physiology
- Three semester hours of college algebra or higher-level math
- Minimum grade point average of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) on core courses (science and math)