2017 Insurance Enrollment
It's time to make choices for 2018. The 2017 Benefits Advantage details your insurance options and outlines what changes you can make between October 1st and October 31st. All premium and plan changes are effective January 1, 2018.
In 2014, the SC Public Employee Benefits Authority (PEBA) approved the MUSC Health Plan for employees of the University and Medical Center. Employees are reminded that the MUSC Health Plan includes a tier of benefits in addition to the benefits provided by the State Health Plan, which can be reviewed on the 2018 Comparison of Health Plan Benefits .
You do not need to do anything if you are satisfied with your current insurance coverage; however, employees are required to enroll or re-enroll in the MoneyPlus medical spending or dependent care spending accounts during October enrollment to participate in these accounts for 2018.
To review or make changes to your insurance benefits, register for the PEBA website "My Benefits" (https://mybenefits.sc.gov). To register, employees will need the Benefits Identification Number (BIN) from their health insurance card or may obtain their BIN from the "My Benefits" website. The website is available to make changes beginning September 15th.
Employees who are re-enrolling in a Medical Spending or Dependent Care Account will need to initiate their 2018 account online with WageWorks (www.myfbmc.com). The website is available to enroll or re-enroll beginning October 1st. First-time enrollees only will need to complete a new enrollment form and return it to their benefits counselor.
What’s new for 2018?
Changes listed below are effective January 1, 2018.
- Premiums: employee health, dental and long term disability premiums will remain the same; slight increase to vision, dental plus and optional/spouse/child life premiums.
- MetLife is the new life insurance vendor. Premiums for Dependent Life-Spouse coverage will be based upon spouse’s age, not the employee’s age.
- A former spouse who is covered by a State Health Plan subscriber must have his own policy under the Plan. Learn more from PEBA on former spouse coverage.
- The State Vision Plan’s eyeglass frame benefit with EyeMed will change from every 24 months to every 12 months.
- To streamline operations between insurance and retirement, the time for members to make initial enrollment decisions or changes during a special eligibility situation will change from 31 days to 30 days.
What you can do during the 2017 open enrollment
*Documentation is required to add dependents to coverage
Additional Resources and Information
- 2018 Insurance Benefits Guide
- MUSC Health Plan website
- 2018 Comparison of Health Plan Benefits
- 2018 Insurance Summary
- 2018 MoneyPlus New Enrollee Form
- Federally Mandated Annual Notice
|The University and Medical Center Benefit Offices will be hosting the Annual Benefits Fair on Friday, September 22, 2017 from 8:30 am until 2:00 pm around the Colbert Library and Education Center. Benefits staff and plan representatives will be on-site to answer questions.|
Learn more about PEBA Perks, the value-based benefits offered at no cost to employees enrolled in the MUSC Health Plan or the Savings Plan.