Dental Insurance Plans
There are two dental insurance plans available to MUSC employees.
Basic State Dental
There is no cost to the employee for this plan. There is a premium (PDF) for spouse and/or child(ren). The focus of the State Dental Plan is to promote prevention through a reimbursement plan. The yearly maximum is $1,000.00 per person. There are four classes of dental coverage:
- Class I - Preventive Services: 100% of Allowable Charges.
- Class II - Basic Services: 80% of Allowable Charges after $25 deductible.
- Class III - Prosthodontics: 50% of Allowable Charge after $25 deductible (implants are covered based on the allowable).
- Class IV - Orthodontics: 50% of Allowable Charge, $1000 Lifetime Benefit (only dependents under age 19 are eligible).
Dental Plus is a supplemental plan to provide a higher level of dental coverage for you and your family. Dental Plus is applied to the level of coverage carried under the Basic State Dental Plan but subscribers must pay an additional premium (PDF) and can only be added or dropped in October of the odd years, effective January 1st of the following year.
- Same coverage as carried on Basic Plan, but with higher allowable charges.
- NO additional orthodontia benefits.
- Combined benefit year maximum benefit is $2,000 per person.