MUSC Standards of Behavior Agreement
Please Read Carefully
MUSC Excellence begins with a commitment to the highest standards of behavior. Each member of the MUSC team is responsible for the institution’s success and ongoing service excellence.
A commitment to excellence encompasses customer service, attitude, appearance, accountability, respect, sharing of pertinent information and teamwork.
Employees, as well as applicants, must pledge to practice the following standards of behavior for the benefit of our colleagues and the betterment of the Medical University of South Carolina.
I will commit to the University Standards of Behavior by upholding these eight core principles:
- Supporting the mission of the Medical University of South Carolina through adherence to its policies, procedures, and code of conduct
- Maintaining a safe workplace through the adherence of safety and security protocols
- Being accountable for the appropriate use of time and resources
- Displaying an outstanding attitude, maintaining an appropriate/professional appearance, and being fully accountable for interactions with customers, coworkers, and the MUSC leadership
- Delivering exemplary customer service, including AIDET and the 10/5 rule
- Appropriately sharing information without violating confidentiality
- Promoting cooperation among all members of the MUSC community
- Supporting and embracing diversity in a respectful environment