Welcome Community Members
The MUSC Wellness Center is a facility designed to promote good health. The Center fosters the development of healthy lifestyles through the promotion of wellness attitudes and practices. More than a health club, the MUSC Wellness Center focuses on the development of total well-being. The programs are designed and staffed by a team of health professionals who believe wellness is the balance of social, emotional, spiritual and physical health. The Wellness Center is open to the entire community and anyone can become a member.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 am to 10:00 pm
Friday 5:30 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
What’s included with my membership?
- 80 group exercise classes per week – more classes included in your membership than other facilities
- Full access to fitness facilities (Open 7 days a week)
- Jr. Olympic swimming pool
- Includes seven 25 meter lanes for lap swimming, two Badu jets for stationary swimming, a Jacuzzi bench, and a large area for water aerobics classes.
- Indoor/Outdoor Running tracks
- Multi-Sport Gymnasium
- Yoga, Pilates Mat and Barre Studio
- Group Cycle Studio
- Racquetball/Squash courts
- Newly renovated Sauna and Steam rooms
- A 3,000 sq. ft. group exercise room
- Free weight area -This includes selectorized weight machines by Free Motion, Cybex, and Life Fitness and Precore. Also, a complete selection of free weight equipment by Hammer Strength and Freemotion, Olympic bars by Rogue, Olympic urethane plates by Intek, rubber coated dumbells by GP and rubber coated kettlebells by Hammer Strength. We also feature multiple adjustable benches by Hoist, two deadlift platforms, two Hammer Strength half racks with landmine pivots, one Hammer Strength full power rack, Escape Fitness PlyoSoft boxes, and a Rogue Abram Glute Ham Developer 2.0.
- Over 100 pieces of cardiovascular equipment - Life Fitness Powermills, Precor and Octane Ellipticals, Treadmills, Cybex Cycles, Concept 2 Rowers, NuSteps, and a Marpo Rope Trainer. The cardio equipment have TVs, and many have internet capabilities.
- Outdoor sports deck with tennis/basketball & functional training (open Fall 2017)
- Fresh towels provided (accredited cleaning standards)
- Men/Women/Family locker and changing rooms
- A nursery provides members (for a small fee) with day-care service while exercising
- Member discounts offered for other services (e.g., personal training, small group and private fitness sessions, nutrition, health coaching, therapeutic massage, Pilates Place MUSC studio, and special pricing for family members)
- The Wellness Center has an expert team of exercise physiologists, fitness trainers, health coaches, a registered dietitian, massage therapists, Pilate’s trainers, and post-rehab / disease management professionals to ensure healthy aging and the development of healthy lifestyle behaviors.
The Wellness Center is dedicated to providing a clean and professionally run facility. Please stop by for a tour of the facility and learn about membership opportunities.