Wellness Center Nursery Policies & Procedures
Welcome to the MUSC Wellness Center Nursery!
By appointment only
Call the Nursery at 843-792-6417
Monday through Friday: 8:15 am to 12:15 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Please contact the membership desk (843-792-5757) or the nursery for details.
Nursery Policies and Appointment Procedures
1. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance. Please make your reservations in person or call
the nursery during the nursery hours of operation. Please note that messages left on the
nursery phone line are for cancellations ONLY. Reservations can be made no more than
1 week in advance. Only staff members can make appointments. Parents are asked to please refrain from making your own appointments in the scheduling book.
2. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance by calling the nursery at 792-6417.
If you are unable to keep the reservation, you must cancel to allow room for other children. Members failing to do so (no shows), may risk their nursery privileges. The no show policy will be enforced.
3. Parents are not allowed to leave the premises while their child is in the nursery.
Childcare is to be used only when members are exercising and not while attending
non Wellness Center conferences, meetings, or other non exercise activities.
4. First time participants are required to complete a registration form and waiver.
Periodically parents may be asked to update their child’s registration form.
5. Members may leave their child for up to 1 ½ hours per day. The 1 ½ hour reservation starts at your reservation time NOT when you arrive at the nursery. Nursery privileges may be revoked if this policy is abused.
6. Space is limited in order to ensure a 5 to 1 child/nursery attendant ratio. It is at
the sole discretion of the nursery attendant to limit reservations based on the needs and ages of each child.
7. Food is not allowed in the nursery. Clear liquids in sippy cups and pre made bottles are allowed for bottle fed infants.
8. Parents must bring baby wipes and diapers and the parent is expected to change a dirty diaper before leaving the child in the nursery. Nursery attendants do not potty train. The child is required to wear a pull up until fully potty trained.
9. Please do not bring your child to the nursery if they are sick. Children are not allowed if they have the following: fever, diarrhea, severe cough, wheezing, eye infections, constant runny nose, vomiting, or any other infectious symptoms.
10. Parents are expected to sign a Nursery Policy and Procedure Agreement.
Please do not hesitate to contact Wendy Williams, Director of Youth Programs with any
comments, questions or concerns at 792-0767 or email@example.com.
South Carolina Children's Code- CHILD PROTECTION AND PERMANENCY
MUHA Child Abuse Policy- (.pdf)