Anyone Can Join!
Membership is available not only to MUSC students and staff, but also to members of the community. Please stop by for a tour or call us at 792-5757, and we will be more than happy to inform you of our many affordable membership options.
Once You Are A Member
An Equipment Orientation - No Fee 792-5754
All new members are entitled to two supervised orientation sessions to familiarize them with the wide array of equipment available. During these sessions, a fitness staff member will provide instruction and guidance on the proper usage and handling of exercise machines including Nautilus, free-weights, and cardiovascular machines.
Personal Training - Fee Varies 792-1494
Once you have started your exercise program, you may find you would like more guidance or supervision. Personal trainers are available to help you fine tune your program or provide additional motivation. There is an additional charge for this service. Contact Alicia O'Connor at 792-1494 to arrange for a personal trainer.
For maximum health benefits, an exercise program should consist of cardiovascular activity, strength training, and flexibility and stretching exercises. The center caters to the diverse interests of our members by offering a variety of exercise opportunities.
Exercise Science Internship
New Member Package (First 30 days of full membership)
- Personalized Nutrition: Cost – $50 ($70 Value)
- You will receive one nutrition analysis to determine your baseline status. You will discover any nutrient deficiencies and areas of concern. This package also includes a 30 minute follow up goal session.
- New Member Personal Training and InBody Analyzer Package – Cost $99 ($180 Value)
- InBody Analyzer: This comprehensive training package includes the InBody testing (as seen at the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins) which provides muscle/fat analysis, obesity analysis, segmental lean analysis, visceral fat level, and basil metabolic rate. An exercise specialist will provide recommendations based on your testing results.
- Personal Training Sessions: You will also experience one of MUSC’s best personal trainers as they design a personalized program just for you. It is the perfect start on your wellness journey. This package includes two 55-minute training sessions.
- New Member InBody Analyzer and MicroFit Fitness Test: $50 ($100 Value)
- The MicroFit Fitness Test will assess your current fitness level and identify fitness goals and interests. The testing includes blood pressure, BMI, strength, flexibility, and sub VO2 max which determines your aerobic capacity.
- The Inbody testing (as seen at the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins) provides muscle/fat analysis, obesity analysis, segmental lean analysis, visceral fat level and basil metabolic rate. An exercise specialist will provide recommendations based on your testing results. Optimize your fitness and body composition tracking and guarantee getting the results you want!
Other Membership Services:
Day Passes and Temporary Membership