Wellness Memberships for MUSC Employees
MUSC employees and dependents receive discounted membership rates.
- $51/mo. full membership; spouse/dependent rate $33/mo.
- $25/mo. MUSC Employee Only Xpress membership with limited hours
- One time enrollment fee for new enrollees only
- Payroll deduction available to MUSC, MUHA, and UMA employees for convenience
- Initial 12-month agreement and will automatically renew on a month-to-month basis until cancelled by the member
In accordance with the IRS Publication 15 guidelines for Employee Discounts, the Wellness Center offers discounts on services and memberships as much as allowed.
Location: Choosing a fitness center close to work provides the flexibility needed to get workouts in before work, during lunch, or right after work. The gym doesn’t have to be close to your house to be convenient. The key is to make fitness a part of your daily routine.
What’s included with my employee membership?
- 80 group exercise classes per week (a value of $1,600/wk. or $6,400/mo.!)
- Full access to fitness facilities (Open 7 days a week)
- Jr. Olympic swimming pool
- Indoor/Outdoor Running tracks
- Yoga & Pilates Studios
- Free weight area
- Group Cycle Studio
- Racquetball/Squash courts
- Outdoor sports deck with tennis/basketball & functional training (open Apr 2017)
- Use of 100 pieces of cardiovascular equipment
- Fresh towels provided (accredited cleaning standards)
- Men/Women/Family locker and changing rooms
- Discounts offered for other services (e.g., personal training, small group and private fitness sessions, nutrition, health coaching, therapeutic massage, and special pricing for family members)
How do I join?
Present your MUSC employee identification badge at the front desk located in the Wellness Center lobby at 45 Courtenay Drive or call 843-792-5757 to schedule a tour.
MUSC Express Membership
The Express Membership promoting physical activity opportunities on campus for MUSC employees at an affordable price.
The MUSC Wellness Center is excited to offer another wellness and physical activity opportunity to employees. Physical Activity during the workday can add energy, promote a positive attitude, and improve fitness and cardiovascular health.
Healthy employees result in increased productivity, reduced absenteeism, lower turnover, reduced healthcare costs, and decreased chronic disease.
- MUSC Employee Only Express Membership (No spouse or dependents)
The Express Membership hours are perfect for those who exercise at lunch or in the evening.
Monday – Friday 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Monday – Thursday 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM