Phase II Healthy Charleston Challenge January 2013
Who: Those who completed Phase I and still have weight loss goals and need continued accountability.
When: January 10, 2013 to March 14, 2013
Where: MUSC Wellness Center 45 Courtenay Dr. Charleston, S.C. 29425
Components of the Program:
• 10 week Program (10 weigh-ins)
• Two workouts per week with a trainer and your group
• Mandatory “Book Club Format” meetings every Thursday evening (approx. 5:45 pm to 7:00 pm) Book required: “Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward” by James O. Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (please purchase prior to start)
Criteria for acceptance:
1. Need to lose 20+ pounds
2. Successful completion of a full session of HCC (attendance will be reviewed)
3. Willing to continue with nutrition and physical activity logs
4. Willing to commit to Thursday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm meetings
5. Willing to continue a commitment to living a healthy lifestyle
Do not apply if you are not serious and ready to commit to read the book and work on forming lasting habits. You must not have any medical condition that requires one-on-one personal training or a physical therapist. Exercise sessions are done in a group setting with attention to individual fitness levels.
Fees: $400 non-wellness center members; $200 wellness center members; $175 MUSC (activity fee paying) students. Included: Wellness Center Membership for length of program (10 weeks).
How to sign up: Apply online only – www.musc.edu/hsc. No deposit due with application.
How to sponsor a team: Any business or person wishing to sponsor a group, please contact Janis Newton, firstname.lastname@example.org