MUSC Wellness Center
The games are a fun and enthusiastic way to establish partnerships in your quest for a healthier, more active lifestyle! The games, a series of workouts designed to predict athletic performance, also demonstrate the effectiveness of athletic and fitness methodologies.
December 7, 2013 9:30 am to 2:30 pm MUSC Wellness Center Gym (Saturday)
MUSC Students: $20.00
Members and MUSC Employees*: $25.00
*Includes a guest pass and special Xpress membership offer with no enrollment fee
Sign up at the Membership Desk at the Wellness Center
Medical University of South Carolina
“H.I.T.S. Games” Rules
Date: Saturday, December 7, 2013.
9:30 am to approximately 2:30 pm
Cost: $20.00 MUSC Students
$25.00 All other categories
WHAT IS H.I.T.S. (High intensity training system)?
• H.I.T.S. is MUSC’s signature strength and conditioning program that improves overall athleticism in any athlete or individual.
• Its focus is on functional exercises that mimic everyday and/or sports activities.
WHAT ARE THE H.I.T.S. GAMES?
• The games are a fun & enthusiastic way to establish partnerships in your quest for a healthier, more active lifestyle!
• The games are a series of workouts designed to predict athletic performance.
• They also demonstrate the effectiveness of athletic & fitness training methodologies.
• In other words; does your training make you faster, stronger, more agile with a high level of endurance?!
What are the workouts like?
• Each workout focuses on different determinants of athletic performance and functional fitness. (speed/power/agility/strength/stamina/endurance)
• Consist of 3 rounds of workouts
• Top 5 in each category will advance to the 4th and final round of workouts.
• The first 3 rounds will post at the Wellness Center Friday November 29. (1 week before the games)
• Final round workout will be announced 15 minutes before the finals begin!
Who can participate?
• All MUSC students
• All MUSC employees (members and non-members)
• All MUSC Wellness Center members
• All MUSC Wellness Center program participants
How is it scored?
• 1st place in each category per workout will score a total of 20 points
• 2nd place will score 18 points,
• 3rd = 16 points
• 4th =14 points
• 5th =12 points
• For teams, the four scores will be added to determine team results
• The top 5 individuals in each category and the top 5 teams will compete to become the overall and various category champions!
What are the categories?
• Open: Men & Women
• Teams: 2 men & 2 women per team
• Sub-masters (age 40 to 50) Men & women
• Masters (age 51 and older) men & women
• MUSC students: men & women
What can you win?
• MUSC Performance Lab body composition testing
• Free personal training sessions with Katie Blaylock
• Gift certificates good for massage therapy and other services at the MUSC Wellness Center
For more information please contact James Johnson- email@example.com