Skip Navigation

Immigration Services

Hiring Internationals

Hiring Internationals

The Office of International Support at MUSC should be consulted before making a commitment to hire a foreign national. We will work with the hiring department, as well as the individual, to ensure that all federal laws and regulations are met before employment begins.

To learn more about hiring foreign nationals please review the categories below:

StudentsAdmitted to MUSC and in the U.S. for the primary purpose of studying. Traditionally hold an F or J visa status and have immigration documents issued by MUSC.
Researchers / ScholarsVisiting professors, research scholars, short-term scholars and specialist under the sponsorship of the Exchange Visitor Program. Temporarily in the U.S. with no intention of remaining at the end of their program.
StaffNon-faculty, non-tenure track positions at MUSC that require at least a bachelor’s degree are eligible for visa sponsorship.
FacultyFaculty positions (positions requiring Faculty Affairs approval) are eligible for visa sponsorship.