Controlled Substance Investigator
The Controlled Substance Investigator works under the direct supervision of the Director of the Internal Audit Department. The main responsibilities of the Controlled Substance Investigator are to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations regarding controlled substances. The Controlled Substance Investigator also reviews any unresolved discrepancies in controlled substance inventories or suspected violations of State and Federal laws and regulations or MUSC policies and procedures regarding controlled substances. If you have any questions, need assistance, or suspect a diversion, we may be reached at 843-792-4561, 843-722-4199, 843-792-1316, or on pager #11283 or #12540.
Other related activities of our office include:
- Assisting registrants in establishing new, and renewing established, controlled substance registrations.
- Assisting in resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Investigating controlled substance irregularities (diversions).
- Working with DEA and DHEC, providing assistance when necessary for MUSC related issues.
- Destroying contaminated, unwanted, and expired controlled substances, as authorized by DHEC and State law.
- Providing training to staff through new employee orientation (for clinical services employees) and in-services.
For more information on controlled substance registrations, please click here.