The Captains’ Meeting will be held Tuesday, January 8th, 5:15pm, in the HSC Auditorium (SW 204)
The Team Captain or a representative from every team is required to attend.
GAME DATES, TIMES and LOCATION
January 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 16, 23
*Playoffs: Number of teams will be determined by the number of teams signed up.
Times: Saturdays; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Harper Student Center Gym
Persons eligible to play MUSC Intramural Basketball are MUSC students and their spouses, MUSC employees, and members of the Wellness Center. Note: If an eligible player is not a Wellness Center member (ie...MUSC employee), they must sign a Wellness Center waiver before being able to compete.
- Players may participate in one league only: Competitive or Non-Competitive.
- Completed rosters will be accepted until Wednesday, January 16th, at 5:00pm in Student Programs.
- Additions to rosters will be accepted through the 4th week of play (Monday, February 5th) and must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person by the Team Captain to the Student Programs Office.
- If any unrostered player plays after the 4th game, all games in which he or she participates will be forfeited.
- It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to insure that any team player who is not a Wellness Center member leave the facility upon completion of their scheduled game. Any team whose player violates this rule through unauthorized use of the Wellness Center will be eliminated from the league.
Want to play but don’t have a team? (Or) Is your team in need of extra players? If so, sign-up or check the free agent list in the Student Programs Office. Free agents are also listed on the weekly schedule emailed each week to the team captains. Don’t let talent go to waste!
- Each team is required to pay a $50 (refundable) registration fee. Fees are due in the Student Programs Office prior to the first game. The registration fee must be paid in cash!
- Teams will not be scheduled to play until the registration fee is paid. Teams late in paying their fee will receive “byes” according to weekly scheduling.
- Teams completing the season without any forfeits will be refunded in full. Teams with (1) forfeit will be refunded $25. Teams which forfeit twice will lose the entire sum and be eliminated from the league. In order to avoid a forfeit, please see the section headed BYES and FORFEITS.
- Registration fee refunds should be picked up by the Team Captain in Student Programs within 30 days following the end of the season.
BYES and FORFEITS
- Team Captains may request a bye for a game by emailing an Intramural Coordinator or calling the Student Programs Office no later than 3 p.m., Wednesday, the week before the bye is needed.
- A team may request one bye. However, due to the number of teams participating, it is likely that teams will receive more than one bye per season.
- If a scheduling conflict arises, the team captain or representative must contact an Intramural Coordinator before 9:00 p.m. on Thursday prior to the game date. Conflicts will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- A team will be eliminated from competition after two forfeits and their registration fee will not be refunded.
- In case of a team’s elimination from the league due to forfeit, a maximum of 1 player from the eliminated team may be picked up by another team. This holds true only through the 4th week of play (deadlines for adding players to rosters).
- If a team is eliminated from the league due to “non-member players’ unauthorized use of the Wellness Center”, no players from the eliminated team may be picked up by another team.
RULES of PLAY
- All games will begin on the hour: 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Game time is forfeit time. No “grace period” will be allowed.
- Four “rostered” players must be present to begin play.
- The referee has complete authority during the game.
- The game will consist of two 20 minute halves. Half time is 5 minutes.
- Three time-outs per game; only two carry over to the second half.
- Clock does not stop unless during the last two minutes of the game.
- For non-competitive league, ONE female is required to be on the court at all times.
- MUSC modified rules may be altered if a conflict arises and deemed necessary by the intramural coordinators and referees.
Game schedules will be posted on the Wednesday prior to the game date in these locations:
~ Sent to captain’s email address
~ On the web: http://www.musc.edu/intramurals (Thursday Morning)
~ Office of Student Programs, 792-2693
Family members or friends of Intramural players who are not members of the Wellness Center may be interested in watching a game. Spectators are welcome.
It is the responsibility of each team captain to insure that any team member or spectator who is not a Wellness Center member leave the facility upon completion of their scheduled game. Any team whose player violates this rule through unauthorized use of the Wellness Center will be eliminated from the league.
There are risks inherent in this activity. As with all other endeavors, each player is responsible for themselves and any medical expenses incurred due to an injury. Students are advised to carry their student ID and health insurance card to games in the case they need to go to Emergency Services at MUSC or another hospital.
Questions should be referred to the Intramural Coordinators at email@example.com
Additional Contact Info:
Paul Lambert - firstname.lastname@example.org (843) 864-6570
Matt Andrews - email@example.com (803) 609-0551
Zack Huggins - Hugginsz@musc.edu