MUSC LIBRARY'S LEARNING COMMONS
About the Learning Commons
The Learning Commons at the MUSC Library
Create a great space for scholarship supported by technical resources and expertise.
The MUSC Learning Commons will be a beautiful, comfortable, learning space providing access to all the tools, information, experts and resources needed by our students and faculty.
1. A collaborative effort involving a campus-wide advisory group, Academic Affairs and the MUSC Library will lead the design and development of the Learning Commons.
2. All personal learning styles and physical challenges will be accommodated.
3. Trained, expert staff will remain vital for research, faculty integration of new technologies and accessing information.
4. Ergonomic design of individual quiet study space, collaboration spaces and workstations is essential to the success of the Learning Commons.
5. The design will incorporate concepts of sustainability, consider energy efficiency and accommodate future technological advances as they become available.
6. The Learning Commons will be a great space to study, work with others or simply to relax and reflect.
- Learning Commons Hours
Staff Hours Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm