Boeing Center for Children's Wellness (Lean Team)
· Establishing and maintaining School Wellness Committees throughout CCSD.
· Training of school nurses, food service personnel, physical & health education teachers, and other school staff in implementation of school-wide health campaigns including classroom instruction.
· Establishment of a school wellness challenge, resulting in policy and environmental change.
· Development and integration of healthier school lunch menu items including participating in a nationwide contest for healthier school lunches: Recipes for Healthy Kids Challenge.
· Training of physicians to "adopt" schools through serving on the school's wellness council.
· Provide anthropometric assessments including height, weight, BMI, and body fat.
· Lead wellness partner in a community broadcasting campaign using social media, technology, education, and special events.
· Mentoring and support through weekly community-based walks on the Arthur Ravenel Jr Bridge.