Multicultural Student Advisory Board
Mark your calendars for MUSC 101 this spring!
Join us at our next seminar on Saturday, April 20th, 2013 from 10am-2pm on MUSC's campus. Lunch will be provided. Registration is now open.
MUSC 101 is a series of tuition-free health and science seminars designed to increase participants' general medical health knowledge. The sessions are open to everyone and will include 6-8 mini-presentations on various health-related topics, with each presentation followed by a question-and-answer period. Sessions will be presented by MUSC students, faculty, clinicians, and representatives from community health organizations.
Topics may include:
- Pain, Musculoskeletal, & Skin: pain management, arthritis, total joint replacement, eczema & dermatitis, radiology, sports medicine, plastic/reconstructive surgery, rheumatology, melanoma
- Patient Relationship: talking to your doctor, end-of-life care, allocating limited healthcare resources, how family issues affect health, navigating the healthcare system, financing healthcare, healthcare reform, medical ethics
- Males: prostate cancer, lower back pain, male reproductive health and cancer, urology, urinary stones
- Females: breast cancer, menopause & HRT, MS, female cancer, heart disease in women, OB emergencies, ovarian cancer
- Research: Genetics, Clinical Research participation, genomics/personalized medicine, stem cells
- Surgery: organ donor/transplant, bariatric surgery, lung transplant, CF, medical and surgical ethics, minimally invasive surgery