Child Life WeekMarch is Child Life Month so to celebrate we will be having a week of special events and fun activities March 21-25th. We would love to have as many staff members as possible present for all the events so managers, please encourage your staff to stop by events whenever they can. It is going to be a very exciting week! The calender is as follows:
All of the events are in the Children's Hospital Atrium. It is the 7th floor of Children's, room 741.
Monday, March 21
- 11:00-12:00 Scavenger Hunt
- 2:00-4:00pm Decorate your own Child Life Week T-Shirt
Tuesday, March 22
- 2:30-3:15 Chamber Music-The Adventures of Toad
Wednesday, March 23
- 12:00-1:00pm Bring Your Healthcare Worker to Lunch in the Atrium. The kids will be able to invite staff members to lunch in the Atrium, but we encourage any staff who can to come by and enjoy time with the patients and join us for lunch! Lunch will be provided by Kickin' Chicken!!
- 5:00-7:30 Decorage a Blank Doll
Thursday, March 24
- 10-12:00 Craft with the Medical Students
- 2:00-4:00 Teddy Bear Clinic. Any staff member who can, please stop by to help us facilitate a hospital environment for the patients to treat their teddy bears! We will have radiology, anesthesia, vitals, IV's, admission, casting, bandaging, etc.
Friday, March 25
- 10:30am Pet Therapy Fashion Show. Join us as our pet therapy dogs walk the cat walk and show us their fashion statements!
- 2:00-4:00 Wii Tournament. We will have all of our Wii FunCenters in the Atrium for a Wii Showdown! We encourage staff to participate!
If you have questions, you may contact Lacey McInish, CCLS, MUSC Children's Hospital Child Life Specialist.