Recognizing the Research Support Team
The success of our research programs places MUSC in the top tier of academic health science centers. Our programs are generating innovations and technologies that improve the health and welfare of South Carolina citizens and those around the world. The total research funding to the university reached $217 million in 2009 with several top-ranked programs.
This tremendous growth and achievement is a reflection of our many talented faculty, students and fellows along with visionary, consistent leadership and dedicated research support teams across all aspects of our operation.
We have a community of dedicated individuals including the scientific team and staff with the curiosity that leads to that special “original observation”, the Engineering and Facilities personnel supporting research infrastructure, housekeeping, Public Safety, the College and Department offices providing administrative support, the teams in research administration compliance, development and many others.
These support teams provide seamless, integrated resources and operational support for our research mission and let us take this opportunity to express our appreciation to these individuals.
Behind the scenes and across the campus, these dedicated individuals work tirelessly every day to support the MUSC mission of research and discovery and maintain the highest standards of excellence.
- MUSC earns AAHRPP accreditation, the “gold standard” in human subjects’ protection. The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) recently announced full accreditation for MUSC and the affiliated Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC)
- Information technology enables platforms for regulatory workflow, grant submission and project management including the recently developed Research Toolkit and the Clinical Data Warehouse.
- MUSC expands research infrastructure with two new facilities opening in the fall of 2011 that will dramatically increase the university’s research space including 114,000 square-foot Drug Discovery Building and the 96,000 square-foot Bioengineering Building.
- The SCRA MUSC Innovation Center provides incubator space for new companies spun off from MUSC reflecting the accelerated pace of entrepreneurial activities at MUSC.
- The South Carolina Clinical and Translational Research Institute provides a range of resources in support of translational research.
Office of Research Development website