Dr. Joe DiPiro
Executive Dean of the SCCP
An Overview of The SCCP
Dr. Arnold Karig
MUSC's Campus Dean for SCCP
A New Pharmacy Building is on the Horizon
Combining the Traditions of Excellence
The South Carolina College of Pharmacy (SCCP)
Do you know what is special about the pharmacy profession?
- Pharmacists are among the most respected members of their community, routinely ranked at the top of the most trusted professionals in the country.
- Pharmacists are well-compensated ($100,000+), are highly-sought after, and have many employment opportunities in South Carolina and throughout the country.
- Pharmacists work directly with patients and are a vital part of the health care team, serving as clinical specialists in hospitals and offering counseling to patients in the community.
- Pharmacists are often the most accessible healthcare practitioner and significantly improve a patient’s well-being.
Combining the traditions of excellence of a major academic medical center (MUSC) and a large comprehensive university (USC), the South Carolina College of Pharmacy offers a statewide approach to pharmacy education that is on par with the most highly regarded colleges in the United States.
The SCCP offers exceptional training in pharmacy practice labs, pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences, therapeutics courses, and clinical applications courses. The College also offers dual degree programs – PharmD/MBA, PharmD/PhD, and PharmD / MS Clinical Research – and specialized curriculum tracks in community pharmacy, pre-residency training and nuclear pharmacy. Fewer than 10 colleges in the US offer a nuclear pharmacy track.
The College has an award-winning distance education program that provides students with access to top academic experts in the state; every lecture is videotaped and available for download. At the same time, more than 75 percent of the curriculum is delivered face-to-face.
The Medical University of South Carolina and the South Carolina College of Pharmacy are committed to obtaining resources for the construction of a state-of-the-art pharmacy building. This new facility will be equipped to meet the demands of the highest quality faculty and students, ensuring that the South Carolina College of Pharmacy continues to attract and retain professionals of national and interantional prominence.
Visit http://www.sccp.sc.edu/ for more information on the South Carolina College of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy: Prerequisites, Curriculum and Speciality Degrees
- The Pharmacy Profession
- Distance Education Programs in the SCCP