Guidelines and Instructions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not use a dark solid background for the poster - unfortunatley when it comes off the printer, it is not dry (takes several hours) and then smudges. We have had to redo several posters and have had to manually stand by the poster to catch it. Thanks for your cooperation!
As of January, 2015 we have a new poster printer - Colors are more vibrant and last 10 times longer than what was printed on our old printer!Operator: Susan McLintock
The Neuroscience Institute is happy to print 42 or 36 inch high posters by following the instructions. Finished posters may be picked up at 403 BSB.
Make sure you have read and followed the guidelines below:
- File formats supported for posters: Power Point (2007) or PDF. If you are saving your file on a Mac and have the option, please select the check box for PC. A PC will be used to print the poster.
- All posters and images within the poster should have a resolution of at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) This is to ensure the quality of the poster when printed.
- Keep your file under 9 MB.
- Files should be uploaded when filling out the submission form. Please do not email poster files. Please see submission information.
- Poster height can be 36 or 42 inches. Please specify the height of your poster when you submit.
- Posters are on a first come, first serve basis. Although printing is not guaranteed in a specified amount of time, two to three days'* notice is typically sufficient. *During events more time may be necessary to complete printing requests. Contact the operator if you have questions.
- Check your poster for mistakes*, and send only your finalized document. Reprints are charged the same fee as the original. *It may be easier to check for mistakes if you print out a small version of your poster on a local printer.
- Name your poster file with something distinctive such as the contact's last name and a short version of the poster title. i.e.. smith_disease_therapies_multiple_sclerosis.pdf
- Please submit your poster by clicking on the submit link at the bottom of the page. Fill out the form, upload file and submit. Do not send your file through email.
- Once you have heard from the operator that the poster has been printed, it may be picked up at 403 BSB.
- Our policy is $60 for posters printed on 36" paper, and $75 for posters printed on 42" paper.
The printing time has four variables: Operator Availability, Data Processing, Printing, and Capacity.
- Operator Availability: The operator's time is limited. Often the operator is taking time out of their regularly scheduled job duties to print posters. Although the operator works 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. keep in mind that only a small percentage of that time is dedicated to printing posters. Give at least two to three days notice to book a job (more during large conferences where many posters are to be printed).
- Data Processing: This time varies greatly depending on the file size and graphics. Large files can take up to 6 hours to process. Try to keep submitted poster files smaller than 9 MB.
- Printing: IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not use a dark solid background for the poster - unfortunatley when it comes off the printer, it is not dry (takes several hours) and then smudges. We have had to redo several posters and have had to manually stand by the poster to catch it. Thanks for your cooperation!Printing time is dependant upon height, length and color of the poster. Typically it takes about 30 minutes.
- Capacity: Typically, dependant on the operator's schedule, 6 jobs can be processed in a day. This assumes there are no format problems, the printer does not malfunction, ink is full and paper does not need to be changed. This is why a two to three days' notice (or more during events) is recommended.