The Neuropsychopharmacology Laboratory (SEELAB)
Below is the list of Dr See's recent publications (2011-2012).
For full text and earlier papers, please check the link at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?term=See%20RE&cmd=search&db=pubmed
- Zhou L, Aston-Jones G, Smith RJ, Do PH, See RE (2012) Repeated orexin 1 receptor antagonism effects on cocaine seeking in rats. Neuropharmacology; in press.
- Buffalari DM, Baldwin CK, See RE (2012) Treatment of cocaine withdrawal anxiety with guanfacine: relationships to cocaine intake and reinstatement of cocaine-seeking in rats. Psychopharmacology; in press.
- Glavan G, See RE, Zivin M (2012) Differential patterns of synaptotagmin 7 mRNA expression in rats with kainate- and pilocarpine-induced seizures. PLoS One; 7(5):e36114. PMCID:PMC3342241
- Reichel CM, Chan C, Ghee SM, See RE (2012) Escalation of methamphetamine self-administration in male and female rats: Cognitive and motivational consequences. Psychopharmacology; in press.
- Reichel CM, See RE (2012) Chronic N-acetylcysteine after cocaine self-administration produces enduring reductions in drug-seeking. Neuropsychopharmacology Reviews; 37(1):298. PMCID:PMC3238061
- Buffalari DM, Baldwin CK, Feltenstein MW, See RE (2012) Corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF) induced reinstatement of cocaine-seeking in male and female rats. Physiology and Behavior; 105(2):209-214. PMCID: PMC3225499
- Reichel CM, Ramsey LA, Schwendt M, McGinty JF, See RE (2012) Methamphetamine-induced changes in the object recognition memory circuit. Neuropharmacology; 62(2):1119-1126. PMCID: PMC3238061
- Zhou L, Ghee SM, Chan C, Lin L, Cameron MD, Kenny PJ, See RE (2012) Orexin-1 receptor mediation of cocaine-seeking in male and female rats. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics; 340(3):801-809. PMCID: PMC3286310
- Feltenstein MW, Ghee SM, See RE (2012) Nicotine self-administration and reinstatement of nicotine-seeking in male and female rats. Drug and Alcohol Dependence; 121(3):240-246. PMCID: PMC3258537
- Reichel CM, See RE (2012) Attenuation of methamphetamine-seeking after chronic modafinil administration in rats. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology;
15(7):919-929. PMCID: PMC3258466
- Schwendt M, Reichel CM, See RE (2012) Extinction-dependent alterations in corticostriatal mGluR2/3 and mGluR7 receptors following chronic methamphetamine self-administration in rats. PLoS One; 7(3):e34299. PMCID:PMC3315516
- Moussawi K, Zhou W, Shen H, Reichel C, See RE, Carr DB, Kalivas PW (2011) Reversing cocaine-induced synaptic potentiation provides enduring protection from relapse. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences; 108(1):385-390. PMCID: PMC3017187
- Pacchioni AM, Gabriele A, See RE (2011) Dorsal striatum mediation of cocaine-seeking after withdrawal from short or long daily access cocaine self-administration in rats. Behavioural Brain Research; 218:296–300. PMCID: PMC3049308
- Reichel CM, Schwendt M, McGinty JF, Olive MF, See RE (2011) Loss of object recognition memory produced by extended access to methamphetamine self-administration is reversed by positive allosteric modulation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5. Neuropsychopharmacology; 36(4):782-792. PMCID: PMC3052905
- Parsegian A, Lavin A, Glen WB, See RE (2011) Methamphetamine self-administration produces attentional set-shifting deficits and alters prefrontal cortical neurophysiology in rats. Biological Psychiatry; 69:253–259. PMCID: PMC3052930
- Korte JE, Hiott FB, Brady KT, Malcolm R, See RE (2011) Distinctive characteristics of methamphetamine users presenting at public clinics: Steep rise in South Carolina, 2000-2005. Drug and Alcohol Dependence; 115:9-15. PMCID: PMC3081922
- Reichel CM, Moussawi K, Do P, Kalivas PW, See RE (2011) Chronic N-acetylcysteine during abstinence or extinction following cocaine self-administration produces enduring reductions in drug-seeking. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics; 337(2):487-493. PMCID: PMC3083102
- Thomas S, Bacon AK, Randall PK, Brady KT, See RE (2011) An acute psychosocial stressor increases drinking in non-treatment-seeking alcoholics. Psychopharmacology; 218(1):19-28. PMCID: PMC3115478
- Thomas S, Randall PK, Brady KT, See RE, Drobes DJ (2011) An acute psychosocial stressor does not potentiate alcohol cue reactivity in non-treatment-seeking alcoholics. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research; 35(3):464-473. PMCID: PMC3117919
- Waters RP, See RE (2011) Chronic cocaine self-administration attenuates the stress inducing effects of the benzodiazepine inverse agonist, FG 7142. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior; 99:408-413. PMCID: PMC3129491
- Buffalari DM, See RE (2011) Inactivation of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis attenuates conditioned cue-induced reinstatement and its potentiation by yohimbine in an animal model of relapse. Psychopharmacology; 213(1):19-27. PMCID: PMC3132192
- Galuska CM, Banna KM, Willse LV, Yahyavi-Firouz-Abadi N, See RE (2011) A comparison of economic demand and conditioned-cued reinstatement of methamphetamine- or food-seeking in rats. Behavioural Pharmacology; 22(4):312-323. PMCID: PMC3135689
- Gabriele A, See RE (2011) Lesions and reversible inactivation of the dorsolateral caudate-putamen impair cocaine-primed reinstatement to cocaine-seeking in rats. Brain Research; 1417:27-35. PMCID: PMC3183406
- Feltenstein MW, Henderson AR, See RE (2011) Enhancement of cue reinstatement of cocaine-seeking in rats by yohimbine: sex differences and the role of the estrous cycle. Psychopharmacology; 216(1):53-62. PMCID: PMC3195378
- See RE, Waters RP (2011) Pharmacologically-induced stress: a cross-species probe for translational research in drug addiction and relapse. The American Journal of Translational Research 3(1):81-89. PMCID:PMC2981428
- Zhou L, Sun WL, See RE (2011) Orexin receptor targets for anti-relapse medication development. Pharmaceuticals 4:804-821.