Laboratory of Neuromodulation and Behavior
Grants that currently support our research:
- PHS grant R21-MH099534, "Effects of locus coeruleus activation: Selective Optogenetic Stimulation and fMRI"
- Project 3, PHS Center grant P50 DA016511, "ORWH: SCOR on Sex and Gender Factors Affecting Woman's Health" (collaboration with Dr. Kathleen Brady at MUSC)
- PHS grant R01-MH092868, "Role of locus coeruleus in inhibitory control"
- PHS grant R37-DA06214 (MERIT award , 2003-2013), "Role of Extended Amygdala in Opiate and Cocaine Abuse"
- Project 3, PHS Center grant P50 DA015369 "Role of lateral hypothalamic orexin neurons in cocaine-seeking"
- Project 5, PHS Center grant P50 MH62196, “Cognitive and Neural Mechanisms of Decision and Control” (collaboration with Josh Gold at University of Pennsylvania and Jon Cohen at Princeton University)
- Jon Cohen, Princeton University - Cognitive Neuroscience, Role of locus coeruleus in decision making.
- Josh Gold, Univeristy of Pennsylvania - Cognitive Neuroscience, Role of locus coeruleus in decision making.
- Michiyo Iba, Tamagawa Univeristy, Japan - Cognitive Neuroscience, Role of locus coeruleus in decision making.
- Bob Morecraft, University of South Dakota, Afferent projections to locus coeruleus in monkey.
- Steve Wilson, Univeristy of South Carolina - Viral vector gene transfer, Gene transfer into selected brain neurons in vivo.
- Alice Luo, NIDA IRP- Circadian regulation of ventral tegmental are neurons.
- Carlos Mejioas-Aponte - Noradrenergic regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neruons.
- Monica Gonzalez, University of Washington - Light regulation of mood: role of monoamine brain systems.
- Heinrich Gompf, Harvard University - Role of orexin inputs in circadian regulation of locus coeruleus activity.