Laboratory of Neuromodulation and Behavior
Dr. Gary Aston-Jones has been named Deputy Editor-in-Chief for Brain Research (2012 - present) as well as Senior Editor for Neurophysiology and Neuropharmacology.
Dr. Aston-Jones will be giving presentations on:
February, 2013- Keynote Speaker, University of Groningen Annual New Year’s Symposium, Groningen, The Netherlands.
- October 2012- Organizer and Chairman, 7th Brain Research/Elsevier Conference: “Optogenetics and Pharmacogenetics in Neuronal Function and Dysfunction”, Society for Neuroscience Sattelite Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- June 2012 - Keynote Speaker, 13th International Neuropsychoanalysis Congress, Athens Greece.
- March 2012 - Speaker, Middle East Conference on “Depression and Anxiety Spectrum Disorders: From Basic Science to the Clinic and Back”, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
February 2012 - Speaker, Stanford University Center for Mind, Brain and Computation Symposium.
- October, 2011 - Speaker, Sino-American Symposium on Drug Addiction, Ningbo Addiction Research and Treatment Center, Ningbo, China.
- October 2011 - Speaker, Naito Symposium, Yamanashi, Japan.
- October 2011 - Speaker, Riken Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan.
- August 2011 - Speaker, Gordon Conference on Catecholamines, Bates College, Lewiston, Maine.
February 2011 - Speaker, Mars Inc Scientific Advisory Council Workshop on Health and Nutrition, Budd Lake, NJ.
- Dec 5-9, 2010 - ACNP, Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Miami Beach, FL
- November 13-17, 2010 - SFN San Diego, CA
- June 12-17, 2010 - College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) Meeting "The Role of the Hypocretin/Orexin System in Addiction: Current Status and Rationale as a Drug Discovery Target” Scottsdale,AZ
- April 24-27, 2010 - Motivational Neuronal Networks Conference, Shell Island NC
- April 23, 2010 - MNN Pre-Meeting: Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminalis: Critical Node in Anxiety and Addiction Circuitry. Charleston SC
- April 16, 2010 - Frontiers in Neurosciences Meeting, Charleston, SC
- March 8, 2010 - University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- March 5, 2010 - University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Last week of January 2010 - 42nd Winter Conference on Brain Research, Breckenridge, CO
Mid-December, 2009 - 48th American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, Hollywood, FL
December 4, 2009 - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
August 8, 2009 - American Psychological Association Meeting, Toronto, Canada
July 29, 2009 - Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior, Portland, OR
March 20, 2009 - Frontiers in Neurosciences, Charleston SC
January 24 -30, 2009 - 42nd Winter Conference on Brain Research, Copper Mountain, CO
December 7-11, 2008 - American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, Scottsdale AZ
October 11, 2008 - China Addiction Meeting, Beijing, China
July 2008 - Plenary Speaker - International Narcotics Research Club, Charleston SC.
Feb 19 - Feb 24, 2008 - Keystone Symposium on Neuronal Mechanisms Controlling Food Intake, Glucose Metabolism and Body Weight, Banff, Alberta.
September, 2007 - Speaker - European Behavioral Pharmacology Society, Tubingen, Germany
August, 2007 - Speaker - Gordon Conference on Catecholamines, Oxford, England.
June 23 - 29, 2007 - Workshop on Alertness, Arousal and Attention, Summer Course at Cold Spring Harbor, NY.
May 16 – 19, 2007 - Eleventh International Conference on Cognitive and Neural Systems (ICCNS), Boston University.
April 23, 2007 - Seminar, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC.
March 21-22, 2007 - University of Michigan Interdisciplinary Seminar Series - Neurons, Brains and Models: Crossing Levels of Analysis in Cognitive Brain Research. Ann Arbor, Michigan.
March 15-16, 2007 - DARPA conference, Human Performance Modfification, McLean, VA.
March 11-15, 2007 - Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Workshop on Cognitive Neurobiology, Okinawa, Japan.
January 27 - February 2, 2007 - Winter Conference on Brain Research, Snowmass, CO., Dr. Aston-Jones will give presentations in both The Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminalis and Recent Advances in Understanding the System Level Functions of Dopamine and Norepinephrine and their Interaction sessions.