The Diversity Committee is comprised of the College of Nursing Diversity Officer, Director of Student Services and Alumni Affairs, three faculty members holding regular faculty appointments in the CON, two staff, one graduate student, one undergraduate student. Non-voting members include Director of MUSC Office of Diversity.
The functions of the Diversity Committee include:
- Promote an environment of respect, teamwork and mutual understanding among students, faculty and staff.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining students, faculty and staff from underrepresented groups
- Support the leadership development of underrepresented groups within the College, University and profession of nursing.
- Provide a form for the creation, promotion, and maintenance of activates, programs, and policies that further our understanding of individual and group diversity in all areas of the College of Nursing.
- Collaborate with the MUSC Office of Student Diversity
Diversity Committee Members 2016-2017
|Carrie L. Cormack DNP, APRN, CPNP-BC|
|Cristina Lopez, PhD|
CON Diversity Officer
|Thomas Connelly Jr., PhD, RN|
Director of Undergraduate Programs
|Kimbi G. Marenakos, MA, RN, LPC|
|Carolyn Page, MSM|
Director of Student Services and Alumni Affairs
|Sonya Smalls, MBA|
Tonya R. Hazelton
|Jessica K. Williams, MA|
PhD Student Representative