Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program - Online
The DNP program is offered online and addresses the most contemporary aspects of expert clinical practice and in depth knowledge and experience in leadership, health systems design and evaluation, evidence-based practice, health policy, and applied research. There are a few courses that require a visit to campus. (Please click here for the FAQ's)
The MUSC DNP Program enables students to:
- Demonstrate expertise in advanced clinical nursing practice roles based on mastery of a specialized area of knowledge derived from a strong scientific foundation.
- Use clinical scholarship and analytical methods to improve quality and safety in health care systems through organizational leadership, systems thinking, and practice management acumen.
- Implement continuous quality improvement in patient care and provide leadership in practice and clinical decision-making through use of information systems and technology resources.
- Foster interprofessional collaboration and teamwork in the improvement of population health outcomes.
- Influence health care policy that determines the financing, regulation, access, and delivery of care.
- Promote health equity in the provision of care to eliminate health disparities.
The DNP program is a practice-focused doctoral program in nursing that awards both the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree and the terminal professional degree of Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) upon graduation. Graduates will be employed in primary care settings, hospitals, public health agencies, and schools of nursing. The purpose of the program is to prepare graduates who will practice nursing at the highest clinical level.
The application deadline for Fall 2019 admission is January 15, 2019.
The U.S. Department of Education requires that any institution offering online/distance education programs to out-of-state students must obtain authorization from their state of residence. The authorization requirements, as well the application processes, vary from state-to-state. Before applying, please ensure your state of residence is authorized Click here for more information>>