Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program - Online
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program is to prepare students for the advanced professional practice role as a primary care nurse practitioner in the areas of adult, family or pediatrics. The MSN program is offered online with a few visits to campus (Please see details under our FAQ section)
The MUSC MSN Nurse Practitioner program enables students to:
(Based on the Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing 2011, American Association of Colleges of Nursing)
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing, biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement, and organizational sciences for the continual improvement of nursing care across diverse settings.
- Utilize leadership skills that are needed to emphasize ethical and critical decision making, effective working relationships, and a systems-perspective.
- Articulate the methods, tools, performance measures, and standards related to quality, as well as apply quality principles within an organization.
- Apply research outcomes within the practice setting, resolve practice problems, work as a change agent, and disseminate results.
- Use patient-care technologies to deliver and enhance care and use communication technologies to integrate and coordinate care.
- Intervene at the system level through the policy development process and employ advocacy strategies to influence health and health care.
- Communicate, collaborate, and consult with other health professionals to manage and coordinate care.
- Apply and integrate broad, organizational, client-centered, and culturally appropriate concepts in the planning, delivery, management, and evaluation of evidence-based clinical prevention and population care and services.
- Influence healthcare outcomes for individuals, populations, or systems and integrate advanced nursing knowledge into practice.
- The experienced faculty in the MSN program will guide and mentor you through the required coursework and clinical experiences. Faculty Directory List