"MUSC Nurses Change Lives"
Graduate Clinical Preceptor Toolbox
College of Nursing students benefit tremendously from the guidance and generosity of Clinical Preceptors. The time spent with preceptors gives our students hands-on experience that is an invaluable supplement to what they learn in class.
The Clinical Preceptor Toolbox is an online resource for our preceptors off-campus. Here you can find general information about the College of Nursing and its guidelines as well as benefits, tips, and evaluation forms.
We hope you find this toolbox helpful. If you have any suggestions for this toolbox section, please send us an email.
If you know someone who is interested in precepting MSN or DNP students, please send us an email.
- Graduate NP Orientation Slideshow - coming soon (zip / compressed format)
- Clinical Preceptor Packet
- Guidelines to NP Clinical Experiences
- Graduate Course Descriptions
- Graduate Clinical Forms - Link to the Clinical Site Information Form, Graduate Preceptor Abbreviated CV form, and the Affiliation Request Form.
- MedMentor Program - Information about access to the MUSC Library through the MedMentor program.
- MedMentor Form - Please complete this form to sign-up for the program.
Continuing Education Credit
Nurse Practitioners: NP preceptors nationally certified by ANCC can count hours precepting students toward their renewal requirements. Please click here for more info. NP preceptors nationally certified by AANPCP cannot count hours precepting students toward renewal requirements.
Physician Assistants: PA preceptors can file under Category 2 CME credit through NCCPA. Click here for more info.
Physicians: Physicians can file under Category 2 CME credit through AMA. Click here for more details.
Preceptors can contact the Graduate Program Coordinator at email@example.com to request a letter verifying the amount of hours spent precepting for documentation.
- NP Graduate Clinical Evaluation Tool: Primary Care
This evaluation will be sent to preceptors via email and completed online for mid-term and final evaluations.
- NP Graduate Clinical Evaluation Tool: Residency
This evaluation will be provided to preceptors by DNP students who are completing clinical hours in the Residency course.
- Student Evaluation of Clinical Site
To be completed by NP students online in Typhon at the end of each semester.
- Student Evaluation of Preceptor
To be completed by NP student online in Typhon at the end of each semester.