College of Nursing
Welcome to the College of Nursing at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. We are the only academic health sciences center in South Carolina, and thus we are on the cutting edge of health care practice, education and discovery. At MUSC, we have the largest accelerated BSN degree nursing program in South Carolina, and thriving enrollment in our DNP and PhD programs of study. In fact, we are a leader in online graduate education, and in this way the MUSC College of Nursing “Fuels the Nursing Pipeline.”
Recent Nursing News | February 2014
- Dr. Acierno selected as Associate Dean for Research
- Dr. Kelechi named David & Margaret Clare Endowed Chair
- Dr. Magwood Appointed CON Department Chair
- Ranked 2nd among online nursing graduate programs | US NEWS link
- Recruiting Director of DNP Program
- College of Nursing building renovations continue
- March 2014 eCONnections newsletter | Web Version
Dean's Leadership Video
Thoughts on Leadership
From The Desk of Dean Stuart
By the Numbers
So there is a saying that, “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.” While I agree with that notion I also understand that we live in a world that loves to count.
We count to understand data; we count to assess progress; and we count to award recognition. So this month on our website we are going to take pride in some recent “counting” related to our MUSC College of Nursing!
- >Ranked 2nd by US News and World Report for online nursing graduate programs
- >Ranked 17th by NIH in research funding among all schools of nursing nationally
These are incredible achievements, particularly when one considers the size of our faculty and the scarce resources made available to us. And so we are understandably proud of these “numbers.”
Another number we can count is related to our profession of nursing. Here I am referring to the 2013 Gallup poll.
- >Nurses were ranked as the most honest and ethical of all professions for the 11th year in a row.
Now what we really need is some great public relations and marketing that can let the public know about these achievements. With this eCONnections and our MUSC College of Nursing website we hope we are setting that in motion. Happy counting!