Office of the Chief Information Officer
Vice President for Information Technology
Role of the Office of the CIO
- Develops mission aligned IT Strategic Plans
- Provide for Security and protection of sensitive MUSC data
- Coordinates and provides oversight of all IT activities and services across the MUSC enterprise
- Manage all IT vendors and contractors
- Effectuate IT standardization and consistency
- Manage all IT contracts
- Manage all IT projects
- Build relationships internally and externally
- In conjunction with MUSC leadership, use the MUSC IT Governance
- Promote workflow improvement and process redesign
Following a formal IT governance structure, the OCIO develops a mission aligned strategic IT plan for investing in and managing technology assets to insure effective and consistent progress and return on investment in patient care services, education and research.
Also contributing to the MUSC IT strategies are external sources and advisory groups and various internal component organizaions, such as the hospital authority, MUSCP, researchers, academic community representatives, and the Infrastructure Council.