Office of the Chief Information Officer
Epic Client Systems Management Team
The Epic client systems management team is responsible for all client facing server based Epic services and infrastructure consisting of over 143 Windows servers across 13 environments. Management, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining Epic Windows and Web Servers. Provides technical support for advanced users within Epic project and support teams including involvement in application printer mappings and application testing related to client systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Enterprise Epic Client Systems/Server Management
- Responsible for designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting all Epic infrastructure services and servers
- Provide Tier 1 end-to-end support of all Epic related services and servers
- Includes all clinical, staff, revenue cycle and patient facing services
- Develops and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining the Epic client on terminal servers and monitoring the daily operation of the servers. The role also encompasses building and deploying a remote access solution integrated with Citrix, as well as supporting the server farm,
BCA (Business Continuation Access)
- Setup application and configuration
- Configure which machines get which data points sent to which workstations (Currently ~150 BCA workstations)
- Responsible for ensuring the BCA server application is working and sending data to all BCA workstations 24x7x365
Create all Epic workstations records
- Every PC must be created in POC, then data couriered to all other environments. The workstation ID is LWS##### and is linked to the real machine name.
Create all Epic printer records
- Every printer must be created in POC, then data couriered to all other environments.
- Ensure workstations and printers are mapped by Epic front end analysts
Upgrade all Epic application servers
- 118 servers that are upgraded every eight weeks.
Responsible for all client facing applications
- Monitor and ensure all Epic client apps are working properly
- My Chart, Analytics, BCA, Relay servers, Clarity, Interconnect, Citrix, Lucy, Haiku (iPhone/iPad) and print servers services
- Monitor Epic RightFax print servers for errors and make corrections accordingly.
- Monitor and support the Epic blob servers and data shares.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all print jobs and print servers
- Watch for failed print jobs and determine cause and resolve or if local printer based issue create Remedy tickets to send FE on site.
- Install and configure all new printer drivers and IP ports to the five print server.
- Make changes to existing printer configurations and drivers when printers are changed out and/or moved
- Monitor print server performance and queue length. React as issues warrant.
- Maintain and modify scripts to monitor FTP printing on Epic print servers.
Assist Epic analysts with upgrade validation testing
- Epic provides “scripts” that take you through validating all functions are working properly before and after bi-monthly upgrades
Legacy Systems Support
- Maintain Practice Partner server and client access.
- Maintain Practice Partner backups to backup server