Office of the Chief Information Officer
Vice President for Information Technology
Identity Management Development Team
The Identity Management Development Team is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of MUSC’s identity management system and related identity providers. Responsible for development and support of automated mechanisms which handle the provisioning and de-provisioning of all MUSC user accounts to the various identity providers and to various applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Identity Management and Development
• On-going and future development of MUSC’s identity management system (Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager)
• Day-to-day break / fix, adding additional features and functions to existing implementations and developing new processes to allow FIM to manage other systems that currently utilize their own identity provider systems (i.e. Oacis, McKesson, Epic)
• Provision and de-provision user accounts to active directory, LDAP, Kerberos, password.global, Shibboleth and ADFS.
• Ensure that administrators have the ability to centrally disable compromised user accounts.
• Develop new and maintain existing workflows, scripts, management policy rules, managements agents, synchronization rules and user sets
• Develop, support and maintain the custom developed .NET portals: NetID portal (netid.musc.edu), RA portal (raportal.musc.edu) and MUSC online directory portal (find.musc.edu)
• Implement code changes, perform regression and performance testing
Management and Support of Identity Providers
• Support and maintenance of MUSC’s Shibboleth system including the setup, configuration and management of federations with other organizations
• Certificate management.
• Support and maintenance of MUSC’s OpenLDAP system
• Support and maintenance of MUSC ADFS system (Active Directory Federation Services) including the setup, configuration and management of federations with other organizations