Office of the Chief Information Officer
MUSC Information Security
MUSC Enterprise Information Security Program
The overall objective of MUSC's information security program is to protect information from loss, corruption and unauthorized access, use and disclosure, while facilitating its availability to authorized users. Likewise, compliance requirements relating to information security are becoming more prevalent in the legal, regulatory and contractual environments in which MUSC operates.
Elements of the enterprise information security program
- Education and Awareness
- Security Technology (Tools & Software)
- Development of Security Policies
- Enforcement of Security Policies
- Network Security Monitoring and Audit Log Monitoring
- Incident Handling and Incident Response — report an incident
- Managing Risk vs. Cost, Inconvenience, Intrusion
- Compliance (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Matt Klein has recently joined MUSC as our new Chief Information Security Officer. Matt has 20 years’ experience as an IT and Information Security professional and leader covering operations and architecture for areas including end-user support and data centers. He holds the industry standard CISSP certification and has developed leadership skills specifically in areas of network security, vulnerability management and application security. Matt is highly proficient at creating high-performing organizations by focusing on three elements of success: people, process and technology.