Office of Institutional Resources and Research
Test Scoring/Exam Grading
Answer sheet A is red and has 200 5-choice answers.
MUSC's Exam Grading System
For general description of our grading system, please read below.
For report description and definitions, click here.
For our new test service request form, click here.
For types of reports available, click here.
Remark Classic OMR® 3.0 software from Gravic, Inc. scans and processes data from survey forms, tests and other scannable forms. The software, combined with an OMR reader, recognizes filled-in optical marks (bubbles) on scantron forms, which automates the data collection process.
Remark is useful in many ways:
Professors will be able to choose from several different reports which will suit their needs
Exam results can be emailed immediately following the scanning and grading
Exam results can be saved in many formats, including Excel, for easy importing
Below is a list of this software's assets. Most are currently available.
- Forms commonly scanned with Remark Classic OMR include tests, surveys, research studies, evaluations, assessments, inventories, field tests, patient histories and many others.
- Accurate optical mark recognitionProcesses double-sided and multi-page forms
- Integrated error correction/data-entry features
- Saves data to over 35 different file formats including:
SPSS, Access, Excel, dBase, Lotus, ASCII, SurveyPro, The Survey System and many more
- Provides custom data file format to create new ASCII based export formats
- Validates information on form with database verification
- Allows data to be imported from external data sources through database lookup and replace feature
- Produces several customizable reports of grade/survey results and statistics
- Calculates statistics including:
Item Analysis, Number of Respondents and Tabulations, High/Low Score, Median, Mean, Range, Standard Deviation and Variance, Kuder-Richardson-20, Coefficient Alpha, P Values, Point Biserial, Frequency Distribution, Class Grades, Student Grade Reports, Comparative Reports.
- Supports the use of multiple answer keys, multiple grade scales, benchmarking and learning objectives
- Exports test grades directly into several popular gradebook packages, including Pearson’s Integrade Pro, Jackson Software's GradeQuick, Excelsior Software's Pinnacle, Misty City's Grade Machine, and Jay Klein's GradeBusters
- Export reports in PDF, HTML, TIFF formats
You can export data to virtually any spreadsheet, database, or statistical package via one of the following data file formats.