Graduate Program Curriculum
15 h/week, two semesters.
Principles of Pharmacology
With emphasis on evaluation of experimental data.
3-4 h/week, one semester.
Dental, Pharmacy or Medical Pharmacology - providing a knowledge base of the range of pharmacologic actions of therapeutic agents with integrated exposure to physiology.
9 h/week, one semester or 4 h/week, two semesters.
Written Exam (covering years 1 and 2)
Oral Exam (presenting a research project likely to evolve into a dissertation project)
YEAR THREE AND BEYOND
Two Elective Courses
MCBP Seminar Series
- Dissertation Committee consists of three members of the Pharmacology Graduate Training Committee or its designee.
- Students (with consent of mentor) can take any course offered in any of the tracks.
- Courses taken may be internal or external to the Department.
- Core Pharmacology course is required prior to taking qualifying exam.
- Written exams will be crafted to reflect the electives selected by each student.
- Once qualifier has been passed, any courses of interest and value to a student can be taken, after consultation with the advisor and committee.