On-site interviews will be required. On-site interview dates are usually from mid-January through the first week of March.
The MUSC Pharmacy Program uses the PhORCAS Application System through ASHP. Please submit all application materials through the applicant portal on ASHP's website. The deadline for receipt of a complete application packet is December 31st. Applicants can begin submitting materials through PhORCAS on the date indicated on the PhORCAS website.
Complete applications include the following:
- Application form submitted through the PhORCAS applicant portal
- Letter of intent (uploaded with application)
- Curriculum vitae (uploaded with application)
- Three letters of reference completed by health professionals who can attest to the applicant’s practice abilities and aptitudes (uploaded through the PhORCAS system)
- At least one letter must be from an immediate supervisor (if applicable - for PGY1 only)
- At least one letter must be from a clinical preceptor
- Official transcripts of all professional pharmacy education and masters programs (if applicable)
- Class rank (see frequently asked questions below as to how to submit)
- List of rotations as a separate addendum with a description of activities including the number of patients followed, activities, duties, projects, in-services, etc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Q) How can I send in my transcript to complete my application?
A) Request for your Registrar to mail a hard copy to PhORCAS to upload the transcript on your behalf. We will not accept transcript sent directly from an applicant
Q) How can I submit my class rank?
A) Request for your Dean’s office to do one of the following:
- Email a letter directly to email@example.com
- Mail a hard copy to the program director in a sealed envelope
- Mail a hard copy to PhORCAS to upload to your application (may be a slow process)
*Please note* your application will remain incomplete until we have received your class rank. If your college of pharmacy does not rank students, we ask that they provide a letter stating this information.
Q) How do my references submit letters of recommendation?
A) Your references will no longer be able to upload digital copies of letters of recommendation into PhORCAS. All recommendations must be completed using the PhORCAS form template. Please do not submit letters of reference via email or mail. We will only review the content submitted in the PhORCAS form.
Q) What makes my application complete?
A) See list of information on our Residency FAQ, or the residency website specific for the program you are applying to.
Q) How do I submit my list of rotations?
A) Please submit this via PhORCAS in the document uploads section. Please be sure to include the following information:
- # of weeks/duration of each rotation, and what time frame you completed the rotation
- Eg: 4 weeks, July 1-31, 2014
- Description of activities including number of patients followed, activities, duties, projects, in-services, or other applicable information.
For further general information contact:
SCCP - MUSC Campus
150 Ashley Avenue, Room 614, MSC 584
Charleston, South Carolina 29425
Phone: (843) 792-2665; Fax: (843) 792-1549
Requests for additional information about a specific residency program should be sent directly to the Residency Program Director.