Present your improvement journey at the Third Annual Lean Six Sigma Healthcare Symposium on October 6, 2017
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS JUNE 16, 2017
The Lean Six Sigma Healthcare Symposium will highlight how healthcare organizations have integrated Lean, Six Sigma, and other process improvement methodologies to improve performance. Accepted abstracts will be invited to present as 15-minute oral or poster presentations at the 2017 Symposium.
- Novel use of process improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, Process Reengineering, etc.) in healthcare
- How process improvement affects the patient experience and/or patient outcomes
- Incorporating evidence-based clinical practices into process improvement solutions
- Innovation through process improvement
Length Requirement: 500 words or less, not including abstract title and section headings.
Abstracts should specifically mention the process improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, Process Reengineering) tools utilized and any relevant data and analyses. Submissions should include a list of when and where the workshop has previously been presented, if applicable (also not included in the word count).
Please include the following sections in your abstract submission:
- Actions Taken
- Learning Objectives for the Audience (2-3)
Presentation Evaluation Process
Selections for presentations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Soundness – Appropriate methodology used, assessment of methodology, data collection, and data analysis
Contribution – New or advanced application that enhances knowledge, practice, and/or skills
Creativity and Innovation - Content likely to generate new ideas and innovative methods that advance the practice in other healthcare organizations
Abstracts Submission Form