Student Application Instructions
Who can apply?
Any interested student who is in good academic standing may apply to the Raymond S. Greenberg Presidential Scholars Program. However, due to the demands of the program on students' time, we will not be accepting rising 4th year medical students.
A. Good Academic Standing
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher is desirable for application to the Scholars Program
- January 2017 start BSN students may apply without a MUSC G.P.A. with Dean's Office Approval.
- Students should not be on academic probation or have academic deficiencies
B. Essay of Interest
- Students will submit an essay describing why they are interested in the Scholars Program and what unique experiences or qualities they would bring to the program.
- Essays should not exceed one page (8.5 " x 11" with one inch margins, font at least 10 point)
C. Letter of Support
- Submit a maximum of two letters of support on the PSP homepage via the Student Letters of Support link. One (1) of the two letters must be from a faculty member at your current university.
- Letters should comment on the applicant's interest in the program, accomplishments and personal characteristics that support the application.
D. Transcript (unofficial acceptable; must be based on most recent Fall semester)
E. Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Not to exceed two pages
F. Student Letters of Support:
|Please collect these materials and proceed to application.|
Faculty Application Instructions
One faculty member from each academic area may serve as a faculty scholar. Faculty serve for three years.
Raymond S. Greenberg Presidential Scholars Program Goals: To help students:
- Engage in an challenging and provocative dialogue on issues related to health care
- Develop appreciation for other disciplines
- Understand the impact of interprofessional collaboration on patient care
- Appreciate the complexities of difficult human and social issues
- Gain greater insight into the nature of ongoing change in health care
- Understand and appreciate divergent views
- Heighten awareness of their own values in the context of their professional responsibilities
- Learn to use new ideas and sources of knowledge to establish creative lifelong learning patterns
Characteristics of Faculty Scholars
- Interest in interprofessional education and broad issues transcending professional boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and facilitate student led group learning
- Demonstrated interest in and experiences related to the goals of the Scholars Program
- Ability to fulfill the requirements of the program
- Any interested faculty member may apply to become a Scholar.
- With the application, faculty must submit a CV, statement of interest, and support letter from a current or past Scholar, Scholar Faculty, or Dean. Submit letters of support on the PSP homepage via the Faculty Letters of Support link. Application Deadline:
- A committee of current Presidential Scholar Faculty and students will review the applications and the selection will be made in early April.
Description of Application Materials
Faculty statement of interest should not exceed one page; 8.5’’ x 11’’, font size 10 or higher and include the reasons for wanting to be involved in the Program and any special experiences that may uniquely qualify them.
Support letters should comment on the nominee’s interest in the program and unique accomplishments and personal characteristics that address the desired characteristics of a faculty scholar.
Faculty Letters of Support:
Click Here to Submit
|Please collect these materials and proceed to the application.|