Faculty Application Instructions
One faculty member from each academic area served as a faculty scholar. Faculty serve for three years.
Presidential Scholars Program Goals: To help students:
- Engage in an challenging and provocative dialogue on issues related to health care
- Develop appreciation for other disciplines
- Understand the impact of interprofessional collaboration on patient care
- Appreciate the complexities of difficult human and social issues
- Gain greater insight into the nature of ongoing change in health care
- Understand and appreciate divergent views
- Heighten awareness of their own values in the context of their professional responsibilities
- Learn to use new ideas and sources of knowledge to establish creative lifelong learning patterns
Characteristics of Faculty Scholars
- Interest in interprofessional education and broad issues transcending professional boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and facilitate student led group learning
- Demonstrated interest in and experiences related to the goals of the Scholars Program
- Ability to fulfill the requirements of the program
- Any interested faculty member may apply to become a Scholar.
- With the application, faculty must submit a CV, statement of interest, and support letter from a current or past Scholar, Scholar Faculty, or Dean. Application Deadline: March 8, 2013
- A committee of current Presidential Scholar Faculty and students will review the applications and the selection will be made in early April.
Description of Application Materials
Faculty statement of interest should not exceed one page; 8.5’’ x 11’’, font size 10 or higher and include the reasons for wanting to be involved in the Program and any special experiences that may uniquely qualify them.
Support letters should comment on the nominee’s interest in the program and unique accomplishments and personal characteristics that address the desired characteristics of a faculty scholar.