- Engage in an intellectually challenging and provocative dialogue on issues of interest to health professionals and biomedical researchers;
- Develop appreciation for other professions and understand interprofessional collaboration;
- Appreciate the complexities of difficult social issues and how these complexities are interwoven in health and health care delivery;
- Heighten awareness of their own values in the context of their professional responsibilities; and
- Engage in community based work to improve the health of local communities.