Who can apply?
Any interested student who is in good academic standing may apply to the Presidential Scholars Program
Application Process (Applications due February 28, 2014)
A. Good Academic Standing
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher is desirable for application to the Scholars Program
- January 2014 start BSN students may apply without a MUSC G.P.A. with Dean's Office Approval.
- Students should not be on academic probation or have academic deficiencies
B. Essay of Interest
- Students will submit an essay describing why they are interested in the Scholars Program and what unique experiences or qualities they would bring to the program.
- Essays should not exceed one page (8.5 " x 11" with one inch margins, font at least 10 point)
C. Letter of Support
- Students must submit a letter of support from a faculty member or current/past Presidential Scholar. The letter can be given to the student and submitted with other application materials online OR if the faculty member prefers, the letter can be submitted directly from the faculty member to Dr. Breland. If sent via email, please send to Dr. Hazel Breland at email@example.com. If sent via campus mail, please send Attention Dr. Hazel Breland, College of Health Professions, MSC 962, 151 Rutledge Avenue. Students should indicate on application if letter is being included at that time or sent later and list the person that will send the letter.
- Letters should comment on the applicant's interest in the program, accomplishments and personal characteristics that support the application.
D. Curriculum Vita or Resume: Not to exceed two pages
|Please collect these materials and proceed to application.|