Office of the Provost
About the Office of the Provost
The Provost is the Chief Academic officer of the University and represents the President internally and externally. The Provost provides leadership in education and research with comprehensive administrative responsibility for colleges, divisions, departments, libraries, centers and institutes, faculty, staff, students, and others that serve the academic needs of the University.
- Monitor and assess the implementation of the University’s vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities, and provide comprehensive assessment of the University’s progress
- Align the academic strategic planning with annual financial modeling to ensure the University’s priorities are achieved
- Encourage transformational change by fostering an environment for high quality academic scholarship and research
- Promote the integration of intellectual discovery with teaching and learning while advancing innovation
- Promote faculty governance, collegiality, community, fairness and respect among administration, faculty, staff, and students
- Ensure effective compliance with university policies
- Ensure effective compliance with South Carolina and federal regulations.