Researchers: Mothers' exposure to phthalates may affect babies' reproductive organs.
New program will help wean people off opioids.
Dr. Chanita Hughes-Halbert and the MUSC NCORP grant is supporting enhanced access to clinical trials with a focus on minority and underserved communities with the goal of reducing cancer disparities.
Join us at the Science Café when Dr. Lynn Schnapp explores what her 25 years of research and clinical experience have revealed about lung inflammation and fibrosis, and what new discoveries and treatments are on the horizon.
The purpose of the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is to manage the Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA) process, which includes:
• Budgeting and feasibility assessment support for industry sponsored clinical trials;
• Verification through coverage analysis of the funding sources for services associated with clinical research, i.e. third party payer versus research sponsor;
• Coverage analysis for all studies with services to be paid by third party payers, such as the patient’s insurance, to ensure allowability and billing compliance;
• Identification of and pricing support for MUSC Health services in collaboration with service providers;
• Building research records and study billing calendars in SPARCRequest to be pushed to Epic for all studies with MUSC Health billable services regardless of funding source; and
• Research billing support and monitoring to ensure that all MUSC Health charges associated with research are billed to the appropriate funding source and with the required codes and modifiers
Office of Clinical Research
Medical University of South Carolina
125 Doughty Street,
Suite 170, MSC 195
Charleston, SC 29425