The HPV vaccine is proven to be an effective method of cancer prevention but remains underused.
It's designed to help people reduce their reliance on medication, feel better through therapy and get back to enjoying life.
Dr. Kelly Barth, Shayna Epstein, Dr. Jeff Borckardt and Dr Patrick Cawley celebrat the clinic's opening.
Join us at the Science Café to hear Dr. David P. Turner talk about how AGEs accumulate in the body as we grow older, which damage our tissues and organs and contributes to chronic diseases such as diabetes, Alzheimer’s, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, cancer and others.
The purpose of the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is to manage the Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA) process, which includes:
• Budgeting and feasibility assessment support for industry sponsored clinical trials;
• Verification through coverage analysis of the funding sources for services associated with clinical research, i.e. third party payer versus research sponsor;
• Coverage analysis for all studies with services to be paid by third party payers, such as the patient’s insurance, to ensure allowability and billing compliance;
• Identification of and pricing support for MUSC Health services in collaboration with service providers;
• Building research records and study billing calendars in SPARCRequest to be pushed to Epic for all studies with MUSC Health billable services regardless of funding source; and
• Research billing support and monitoring to ensure that all MUSC Health charges associated with research are billed to the appropriate funding source and with the required codes and modifiers
Office of Clinical Research
Medical University of South Carolina
125 Doughty Street,
Suite 170, MSC 195
Charleston, SC 29425