Office of Research Development
Proposal Development Workshops
Town Hall on NIH Human Subjects Policy
- Alexis Nagel, Ph.D. (Office of Research Development) provided an overview of the revised NIH rules and regulations for Human Subjects research and Clinical Trials going into effect January 25, 2018. Slides
- Stacey Goretzka, C.I.P. (IRB Manager) provided an update and considerations related to the NIH single IRB mandate. Slides
Click here for audio recording of this Town Hall. For additional information, please contact Dr. Alexis Nagel (email@example.com).
“Nail Those Aims!" - NIH Specific Aims Best Writing Practices
- "Nail Those Aims! - NIH Specific Aims Best Writing Practices PowerPoint
- Handout-R03 Example and Handout-R01 Example
All You Need to Know About NIAID Funding
Dr. Matthew Fenton, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases' (NIAID) Division of Extramural Activities, and Dr. Shawn Gaillard, NIAID's Research Training Officer, recently visited MUSC to discuss funding and career development opportunities within the institute. If you were unable to attend these sessions but would like access to their presentations, copies of their slides are provided below along with the NIAID strategic plan for FY2017. Audio recordings of these sessions will soon be posted as well. For additional information or if you have questions, please contact Alexis Nagel, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Dr. Matthew Fenton: 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - MUSC NIAID Update
- Dr. Matthew Fenton: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Career Development slides
- NIAID Strategic Plan 2017
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
Program Officers, Dr. David Hickam, Program Director of the Clinical Effectiveness and Decision Science program and Dr. Chinenye Anyanwu, Engagement Officer, visited MUSC on July 18, 2017 to discuss PCORI's current priorities, mission, structure, and engagement requirements. If you were unable to attend this workshop but would like review presentations, they are provided along with Dr. Kathleen's Brady slides.
- MUSC’s Approach to Comparative Clinical Effectiveness Research (Dr. Kathleen Brady)
- Patient-Centered Comparative Clinical Effectiveness Research Programs (Dr. David Hickam)
- Planning for Successful Engagement (Dr. Chinenye Anyanwu)
For more information and/or to suggest a future workshop topic, please contact Wanda Hutto at email@example.com.