Office of Research Integrity
eIRB Training and Guidance
Support Materials for the Research Community
Developed and Maintained by the Success Center in collaboration with the Office of Research Integrity
- Consolidated User Guide June 2017 - detailed guide to create, submit and track initial protocols, modifications, continuing reviews and reportable events.
- eIRB States Chart February 2018 - definitions of the states of activities in the eIRB system, the personnel roles that can make changes when an activity is in a certain state and the types of eIRB forms that will have this the state.
- MUSC eIRB Quick Reference Guide for Investigators and Study Staff - September 2016 - 3 page reference guide on use of the eIRB system
- MUSC eIRB Quick Reference Guide for Protocol Navigation September 2016 - 2 page reference to understand the information displayed in the eIRB system
- MUSC eIRB - Departmental Guidance for Protocol Review
- MUSC eIRB - IRB Committee Guidance for Protocol Review
eIRB On-Line Training Courses
As a supplement to guidance materials, provide demonstration of eIRB functions that
1. Highlight navigation features
2. Complete major tasks
To view these courses, speakers must be in use. To view the session in full-screen mode, select the icon that looks like a computer screen in top right corner of the box with the session’s name. To minimize the session again, Press ESC. Options to adjust the volume and play speed and control playback functions are at the bottom of the screen.
- Getting Started (3 min)
- Creating a New Study (11 min)
- Submitting a Study (2 min)
- Reviewing/Approving a New Study (Mentor/Department Approvers) (3 min)
- Responding to Department Comments (2 min)
- Responding to IRB Comments (7 min)
- Locating/Editing/Copying Studies (4 min)
- Navigating the Study Workspace (5 min)
- Accessing IRB Reviewed Documents (2 min)
- Amendments (11 min)
- Watermarking Documents (3 min)
- Study Status Changes (4 min)
- Reportable Events (4 min)
- Continuing Review (4 min)
- Uploading Documents (7 min)
Link to the Training eIRB
UserID: musc-your netid (example is musc-veatchlm)
Password: jek30rid **** IMPORTANT NOTE:
**** IMPORTANT NOTE: The eIRB Training site is manually updated
Please send an email to email@example.com with your name and netid so the system can be updated.
Current Training - Computer Hands on Sessions
Focus Audience - Principal Investigators and Research Study Staff - eIRB Hands-On training in the computer labs of the Education Center Library.
- Session I - focuses on providing an entry level view on use of the eIRB system to individuals. This session is designed for the individual who has none or limited experience in use of the eIRB system.
- Session II - focuses on providing advanced level information to the experienced eIRB user. Those registering are strongly encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific on topics you want addressed.
Notices of upcoming sessions are posted to the clinicalresearch listservs (clinicalresearchpis and clinicalresearchcontacts). To subscribe to one of these listservs, send a email to email@example.com with your name, email address and listserv name.