South Carolina Quits
Talk to your patients.
If you don’t take every opportunity to help your patients stop smoking, you miss an opportunity to impact their overall health.
When clinicians assist smokers with quitting, success rates increase dramatically.
1. Ask about their tobacco use
2. Advise to Quit
3. Refer to cessation program.
Tools to help your patients quit:
- Evidence-Based treatments for nicotine dependence
- CME training/Training in tobacco use dependence counseling
- Links to helpful resources
Tools for patients who have Quit
- Pulmonary function testing
- Cardiac disease risk prevention