South Carolina Quits
Thinking About Quitting
Know the Facts About Smoking Dangers First
Tobacco kills more Americans each year than alcohol, cocaine, crack, heroin, homicide, suicide, car accidents, fire and AIDS COMBINED.
The most common diseases caused by smoking are:
- Heart disease and stroke caused by inhaling carbon monoxide
- Lung cancer, caused by the carcinogens in the tar in cigarette smoke
Healthy Lung Lung after Years of Smoking
- Cancer of the lip, mouth, throat, larynx, bladder, pancreas, stomach, kidney, and cervix, caused by exposure to the toxins in cigarette smoke
- Emphysema, caused by tar, and chronic bronchitis, caused by irritants in tobacco smoke
- Click here to see a list of cigarette ingredients - In our tobacco facts section.
Smoking Affects: For Smokers and Second-hand Exposure
Smokers are more likely to:
Children exposed to secondhand smoke are more likely to get:
Adults exposed to secondhand smoke are more likely to have:
Family pets exposed to second hand smoke are more likely to develop: