If you are experiencing issues with SPARC Request please try switching browsers. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox work best for SPARC Request.
No. Please browse and select services for only one research study/project at a time.
If you are an MUSC employee, there is no need to create an account, please sign in to SPARC Request with your institutional NetID and password after you hit "Continue" from the catalog page.
Yes. Please feel free to browse, select, and add services from any Service Provider, Program, and/or Core displayed in the system for any given research study/project.
Have you searched for the service by entering the CPT into the search bar in the middle of the page?
- Some services may be named differently so searching by CPT code will work best.
- If the service is still not listed please contact the SUCCESS Center (email@example.com or 792-8300).
- The first and more efficient way to add services to a protocol is by clicking "Edit Original" on your User Dashboard, then you are able to make necessary changes to the entire request at once. This will keep your request clean with only one "Edit Original" button on your dashboard.
- The other way to add services to an existing protocol is by selecting the new services on the service catalog page and selecting an existing protocol from the dropdown box in step 1. This will then create two "Edit Original" buttons in your dashboard which means you have to edit each of them individually when editing your study. Also note that if you have existing Nexus services you will not be able to add additional Nexus services using this second method.
A research study is an individual research protocol with defined aims and outcomes.
- You must have all tof the information in the "Information Needed" section in the top left of the page filled out to continue.
- You must first answer the Certificate of Confidentiality question, then answer any following questions that pop up when you select "Yes" for "Publish Study in Epic".
- It is not needed to continue but if you are pushing this study to Epic please enter your NCT and IRB number under the "Human Subjects" button if available. These are both needed to push to Epic.
In order to move forward from the use section you must first have youself listed as a user on the study with your appropriate role, as well as a Primary PI, Also all of the users must have appropriate "Roles" and "Rights" selected.
- If you are still having trouble a warning will pop up at the top of the page to let you know what is missing.
Add as many Authorized Users as you feel is pertinent. There is no limit.
The screening phase ARM exists to remind users to account for their screen fails. If a screening phase ARM is not needed you have the ability to rename it.
The service cost is the true actual list price of the service. The "your cost" is the charge you will pay for the service - the charge the enterprise will bill you.
In order to move forward your study days must be filled in in chronological order.
First switch over to the "Quantity/Billing Tab" then indicate different quantities for each service as well as move the number from the research column (R) to the third party/patients insurance column (T) or the percent effort column (%) as appropriate.
No documents are required to move forward, but this is a convenient way to share specific documents/information with specific service providers. When uploading documents be sure that they are version dated and you have selected all of the providers you wish to have access to this specific document. You can upload as many documents as you need. If you are not sure what documents you need to upload, you can contact your service provider and add it at a later time.
In step 4 you can either click "Save as a Draft" to finish the request at a later date, click "Get a Quote" to allow service providers to look over your pricing, or "Submit to Start Services" to let the service providers know you are ready to get started.
In order for your clinical trial studies to push over to Epic you must first select to "Publish study in Epic" in step 1. Be sure to answer all of the questions that follow. Then when you click "Submit to Start Services" in step 4 your study is automatically sent to an Epic queue that will be imported into Epic at 4:30PM that same business day.
In user portal you have the ability to either click "Edit" to edit a specific subservice request or "Edit Original" to edit your entire request. If you choose to edit a subservice request you will only be editing services from that specific provider and can only choose services from that specific provider. If you choose edit original you will editing all of your services from all providers and have the ability to add services from any provider listed. If you find that the "Edit" button does not appear, that specific provider has locked your request and you must get in touch with them to make changes.
Sign into your user portal at sparc.musc.edu/portal and click the "Edit Original" button next to your Nexus clinical request to add additional clinical services. If there is no "Edit" button available the request has been locked by the service provider and you must contact them to change the status to allow you to edit that specific Nexus request.
If you want to create protocol for Epic without selecting services you can do so in the User Dashboard by clicking the "Create New Study" button and enter the information needed.