MUSC SGA Service Commitment Requirements
- A choice of planned community service events will be offered at the beginning of each semester. Each MUSC SGA Representative is responsible for scheduling, participating, and completing a minimum of three (3) hours of service activity each semester with any MUSC SGA sponsored service project.
- For all MUSC SGA sponsored service events, please be reliable and wear your MUSC SGA T -shirts during these events.
- As long as a representative meets their service commitment, they can choose to participate in more than one event. However, some events will have limited volunteer capacity; preference will be given to representatives who may be in jeopardy of completing their service requirement.
- Service Project sign-up sheets will be displayed at the representative‘s sign-in table prior to the start of each MUSC SGA Meeting and then circulated during the meeting for additional recruitment of volunteers.
- Members can also sign-up for service events through the MUSC Gives Back office anytime. Contact MUSC SGA Community Service advisor, Liz Sheridan @ 792-4094 or email@example.com.
- After the SGA meeting, the sign-up sheets will be returned to Liz Sheridan to prepare and process service event communication.
- For each service event, there will be a MUSC SGA Service Committee representative (see #8) responsible for promoting the service event at SGA meetings, supervising the activity, and reporting attendance to Liz Sheridan afterwards for service commitment record keeping. Regular updates will be forwarded to MUSC SGA Service VP, Caroline Hoover and MUSC SGA Communications VP, Kayla Hill to post to the MUSC SGA Web Site.
- At the SGA Retreat Part I on September 15, 2012, complete membership of the MUSC SGA Service Committee will be determined. At least one SGA representative from each of the six colleges is expected to serve on this committee.