Medical University | MUSC Hospital | College of Medicine | Directory
Back to Knowledge and Performance Objectives
Division of Vascular SurgeryPerformance ObjectivesPostgraduate Year Two
Be proficient in all the previous performance objectives for postgraduate year one. In addition:
1. Demonstrate skill in basic surgical techniques, including:
a. Knowledge of instrumentation b. Incisions c. Closure of incisions d. Handling of graft material
2. Participate in surgery for venous disease, including:
a. Ligation and stripping of varicose veins b. Management of venous stasis ulcers c. Management of venous thrombosis
3. Participate in amputations with specific attention to control of toxicity.
4. Demonstrate the ability to perform arterial access or arterio-venous access, including:
a. Incisions b. Closure of incision c. Thrombectomy and revision
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attend daily AM and PM rounds.
2. Assist postgraduate year one in completing ward work, orders, and work-ups.
3. Assume primary responsibility for managing ICU patients including orders and daily progress notes.
4. Attend outpatient clinics as assigned.
5. Complete initial evaluation of inpatient consults prior to presentation to chief resident or attending.
6. Organize and run vascular conference.
7. Interact with and instruct medical students when appropriate.
8. Assure ICU/PACU beds are available postop as appropriate.
Surgery DivisionsCardiothoracic SurgeryGeneral SurgeryGI / Laparoscopic SurgeryPediatric SurgeryPlastic SurgerySurgical OncologyTransplant SurgeryVascular SurgeryEducationResearch
Make a gift to the Department of Surgery
News and Events
Message from the Chairman
42nd Annual Postgraduate Course in Surgery: April 25-27, 2013
2013 Kredel-Springs Lectureship: April 30, 2013
Carolyn E. Reed, MD Memorial Service Video
da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
Surgery Grand Rounds Schedule
Journal Club Schedule
Basic Science Schedule